Skip to main content

Weekly Wrap-up ~ Nada, Zilch, Nothin


In our regular life this week…

This has been quite a week. I had a migraine that started last Saturday that kept me in bed until Monday. Then Eli woke up with a fever on Monday. And then it snowed for three days straight. Everything we had planned for the week was cancelled and we hunkered down and stayed in the house. I did invite my parents, sister and nieces over for dinner on Wednesday night because, well, why not? Then Thursday night we went to watch my niece play in the state sectional basketball championship. They lost, but only by about 9 and the other team was really good! Our best point guard has a bum knee and it was obvious. Rylee played a fantastic defensive game. It was a lot of fun. Even Kyndal and Collin came down for the game. So, it was good to see them for a bit. Rick came Friday afternoon, but just for the night. Eli's Blue and Gold Banquet got cancelled again for the second time, so we grabbed dinner at Subway and watched WWE. Kyndal came down after work to spend the weekend. I registered Brynne for her first season of softball, and she was really excited. And then Kyndal, my mom, Brynne, and I spent the day shopping for Kyndal's prom dress. 

Yes, I was there too! Can you see me?

We got the most gorgeous dress and she is really excited for prom! I can't believe she is graduating in two months.



In our homeschool this week…

Nada, Zilch, Nothin. Yep, we didn't do anything all week. Our public schools were out for snow days and we just find it easiest to follow their schedule. Brynne did build a McDonald's on Minecraft that was amazing and played with our new multiplication wrap-ups. But, that was about it. Gearing up for a full week next week, though! Watch out kids!


Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

This week we are hoping to get back into our regular activities of scouts, church and co-op. We are also going on a field trip to Lego Land on Friday. Daddy is coming for the whole weekend.


A favorite thing this week was…

all of the extra sleep we all got. We slept late and took little afternoon naps when needed. I most certainly needed some extra rest, and I know the kids appreciated it, too. That was definitely enjoyable. Oh, and playing in the snow was pretty fun, too.


Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share ...

Nada, Zilch, Nothin. See above.


What's in the kitchen this week ...

Monday: Homemade cheeseburger macaroni, salad, bread with butter, sliced apples
Tuesday: Ham and rice dinner (with onions, celery and sour cream), fruit
Wednesday: Potluck at church, not sure what I am taking yet
Thursday: BBQ pork and cheddar wraps with spinach, fruit
Friday, Saturday, Sunday: Undecided

Homemade treats: Oatmeal raisin cookies, Homemade brownies, steel cut oats, red beans and rice (for mom's lunch)


What we're reading ...

Mom: Lives that Count by Sharleen Cooper Cohen
Eli: Star Jumper: Journal of a Cardboard Genius by Frank Asch
Brynne: Noodle and then Buddy (Puppy Place) by Ellen Miles


Things I’m working on…

Understanding what God wants from me as a wife. Doing lots of reading, praying, meditating, and wisdom seeking. And our Sunny Seashells unit for our trip to Florida in a couple of weeks.


I’m grateful for…

my sweet little home. I love it! It makes me happy, and makes me feel content and secure. On days when things feel chaotic, I feel comforted being here.


I rewarded my kids this week by…

giving Brynne a girls' day on Saturday with me, my mom and Kyndal, and not making Eli be a part of it! Dawson's girlfriend, Taylar, came over to babysit him for an hour until Dawson got off work. He thought it was pretty great to have Taylar all to himself.



Things you might have missed at Journey to Excellence ...

A photo, video, link, or quote to share (silly, serious or both!)…



We are happily linking up this week at the following sites:






Homegrown Learners

Comments

  1. Kyndal looks beautiful! I am jealous of your snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you were sick! We had a slow school week with lots of life stuff going on. We left for a camping trip Friday and I never got around to even doing a wrap up post! I hope you are on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dress, she looks beautiful! Time flies, doesn't it!?!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the last picture of your kids!
    Kyndal looked gorgeous. Can't wait to see the prom pictures!
    I'm sorry you were feeling sick. I hope that migraine went away. I had one for 3 days straight and it finally went away last night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one beautiful dress.
    Blessings
    Diane

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

Last Child in the Woods ~ Chapters 1-4

Welcome to our book study of Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv. To be honest, I have no idea what this "study" is going to look like. I imagine that when we get together I will post about all of the things that caught my eye. And I would ask that you leave a comment, or a link to your own blog post in the comment, about what caught yours. This isn't anything formal, ladies, just a place to talk about what we have read. I have now read the first four chapters of Last Child in the Woods two times. It is just so good. Several things have specifically hit me deep, but in general I just realized that "times, they are a changin'." Things aren't the way they were when we were kids. Chapter 1. Gifts of Nature ~ "When I see birches bend to left and right ... I like to think some boy's been swinging them." ~ Robert Frost What is your definition of nature? What feelings, visions, senses does it conjure up? For me, it's not a