Skip to main content

X is for XLII Random Things About Me


Since it is virtually impossible to come up with an "X" word, unless I want to tell you that I play the Xylophone (which I don't) or that I am having an X-ray (which I'm not, but probably should have with my recent leg injury), I decided to share with you XLII (aka 42) random things about me. That number may or may not be my current age.

1. I think of drinking coffee as an "experience".
2. I used to be an attorney and will never go back to practicing law.
3. I wish I had chickens.
4. I want to learn to sew.
5. I wish I took better pictures of food.
6. I love going on vacation with my husband.
7. I am a morning person, although I don't really want to get up early.
8. I like to be in my pjs, robe and slippers by about 6:00 at night. (if not earlier)
9. At 8:30 p.m. I. AM. DONE. BEING. A. MOM.
10. I love to read, but don't make enough time for it.
11. I love homeschooling. I mean love, love, love. See No. 24 as to why.
12. For someone who really likes to stay home and not do much, I always overcommit myself.
13. If I didn't force myself to, I would never leave my house.
14. I love Mondays.
15. I don't care for Saturdays.
16. My dream vacation is a Mediterranean cruise.
17. I wish I could live winters in Florida and summers in Colorado.
18. I am scared that in Heaven there will be no naps.
19. When my life story is made into a movie I want Diane Lane to play me and Vin Diesel to play Rick.
20. If someone wanted to spend a ridiculous amount of money on me, I would like to spend a full day in New York with Tim Gunn.
21. I have a thing for bald men.
22. Green is my signature color.
23. My house has been tp'd by Garth Brooks' daughter.
24. I wanted to be a teacher when I was a little girl.
25. I have a mini-obsession with birds.
26. I am orderly but not organized, there is a difference.
27. I am lazy by nature and have to fight it every day.
28. I am a procrastinator.
29. I am a habitual nail biter and always have been.
30. I like every single kind of food except for polish sausage, sauerkraut and cantelope.
31. I have an extreme fear of snakes ... and sharks.
32. I hate being shot at with a rubberband or popped with a towel.
33. I hate to have my belly button touched.
34. Drinking green tea is my favorite way to relax at the end of the day.
35. My dream is to have a vintage hobby farm with a few animals and a beautiful garden.
36. Someday I want to have a teacup piggie for a pet.
37. My favorite movie is "Indian Summer".
38. My favorite songs are "Call it Love" by Poco and "Soul Survivor" by Michael Bolton.
39. I moved out on my own, in an apartment by myself, in a town 30 miles away, the day after I graduated from high school. I was 17.
40. I hated history when I was a kid but am obsessed with it as an adult.
41. My favorite genre of book is historical fiction.
42. I used to live across the street from Brad Pitt's childhood home.

And there you have 42 things about me that you probably could care less to know. But, really, I just needed an X word for Blogging Through the Alphabet. So there you have it!


See if anyone else got more creative than me with their "X" word at Ben and Me.

Comments

  1. Whatever....I want Diane Lane to play you and me to play me and you want Vin Diesel to play me and you play you....let the truth shine honey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly have had your share of somewhat close to celebrity encounters. I love your husband's comment, very funny.
    Blessings
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Garth and Tricia Yearwood live in the same town we did in Oklahoma. His girls went to school with Kyndal. We'd see them all around, mostly at the soccer field. I even got my nails done while Tricia was getting a pedicure!

      Our neighbors in Springfield, MO, when we lived there, also lived there when Brad Pitt was a kid. They always talked about how Dawson reminded them of him. He went to the same elementary school as Kyndal. When "Meet Joe Black" came out, he did a benefit premier at the local theatre and went to the schools to see the kids. At the premiere, when he came out to address the crowd, I heard this high shrill screaming and realized it was me! Wow! It was so cool to see him up close and personal.

      Our law firm represented his family's business. One time I got on the elevator and I thought it was Brad Pitt. But, it was his older brother, Doug. They look a lot alike.

      Delete
  3. Love it! I think it is funny that when I was a little girl I wanted to be a teacher, and when I was in high school I wanted to be a lawyer.

    I too am a morning person, but would really love it if my body let me sleep in.

    Totally jealous about the Brad Pitt thing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

Last Child in the Woods ~ Chapters 1-4

Welcome to our book study of Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv. To be honest, I have no idea what this "study" is going to look like. I imagine that when we get together I will post about all of the things that caught my eye. And I would ask that you leave a comment, or a link to your own blog post in the comment, about what caught yours. This isn't anything formal, ladies, just a place to talk about what we have read. I have now read the first four chapters of Last Child in the Woods two times. It is just so good. Several things have specifically hit me deep, but in general I just realized that "times, they are a changin'." Things aren't the way they were when we were kids. Chapter 1. Gifts of Nature ~ "When I see birches bend to left and right ... I like to think some boy's been swinging them." ~ Robert Frost What is your definition of nature? What feelings, visions, senses does it conjure up? For me, it's not a