Skip to main content

Husband and Wife Time


At the end of this nutty past couple of weeks, Rick and I went away for some Husband and Wife time on Saturday and Sunday to celebrate our anniversary that was in June. I didn't realize how much we needed this time away until we were alone. It was amazing! It didn't take but just a few minutes of devoted time with him for me to remember exactly why I love him so much. It was a perfect getaway!


Rick planned the trip and wouldn't tell anybody where we were going. First we stopped and had lunch. Then we went to Kansas City, Kansas, to a hotel and spa called Chateau Avalon.


Each of the rooms were themed and we stayed in the Hemingway Room. It had a luxurious bed and furnishings, a mood-enhancing fireplace, and a separate step up bathtub/shower/spa room. It was heaven!




Once we checked in we grabbed some drinks at the bar and went out to sit in the porch swing overlooking the fountain. We just spent time together and talked and held hands.



Then we went back to our room to relax. We didn't even turn on the t.v. We just talked and ate a light dinner that we bought on our way to the hotel of grapes, cheeses and crackers.


Then Rick whisked me off to my 90 minute massage that he had scheduled for me. Oh. my. gosh. I came back to the room, feeling like a noodle, and had a spa bubble bath before bed. Holy moly talk about relaxing!

(Um, yeah. No pictures of that to share.)

And the next morning they delivered us breakfast in bed! The food was just okay but when is the last time you had breakfast in bed with your spouse, prepared by someone else? Have I mentioned this place was heaven?


We stayed until the moment they forced us to check out and then made the drive back home feeling refreshed, rejuvenated, and more connected than we have been in a long time. We are planning on revisiting the Chateau Avalon next year.

This little trip reminded me why it is so important to make special time to be alone with your spouse. It is so easy to get caught up in being Mom and Dad that we forget to be Husband and Wife. I am terrible about that. It is especially difficult for us with Rick living out of state during the week. When he is here the kids pounce on him and want his attention and I am ready for a little break from the full daily responsibility of being Mom. With money being tight, our time together is easy to put on the back burner. But I don't want it to be that way anymore. The investment in our marriage is worth it! I love my husband and I know he loves me and we enjoy spending time alone together. We just need to do it more.

Thank you, babe, for a wonderful couple of days away with you. I am looking forward to the next time we can do that!!

Comments

  1. You guys are so cute! Sounds like a perfect night away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a magical getaway! We also went away this weekend- a much delayed anniversary/birthdays celebration. As with you- I did not even realize how much we needed it until we were there! So glad you got away.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

Last Child in the Woods ~ Chapters 1-4

Welcome to our book study of Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv. To be honest, I have no idea what this "study" is going to look like. I imagine that when we get together I will post about all of the things that caught my eye. And I would ask that you leave a comment, or a link to your own blog post in the comment, about what caught yours. This isn't anything formal, ladies, just a place to talk about what we have read. I have now read the first four chapters of Last Child in the Woods two times. It is just so good. Several things have specifically hit me deep, but in general I just realized that "times, they are a changin'." Things aren't the way they were when we were kids. Chapter 1. Gifts of Nature ~ "When I see birches bend to left and right ... I like to think some boy's been swinging them." ~ Robert Frost What is your definition of nature? What feelings, visions, senses does it conjure up? For me, it's not a